Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Guildy and Rosie

The whole "being characters in a play in a play in a play" thing is too much for my mind to comprehend, but I am trying! I did find interesting the conversation about fate and chance, that whole thing is helping me understand Postmodernism more, since I had absolutely no idea what it was. I could have done without the homosexual jokes, but I felt really bad for poor Alfred!
My favorite part was when Guildenstern bet that the player that his birthday year doubled was an odd number. Maybe it is my love for math, or perhaps my low tolerance for people who lack common sense, but this part made me laugh. I also enjoyed the questions part, because I have played that game before, and it is really hard!

I really do not understand what is going on in this book, but I suppose that is part of the point. It's interesting to think that people actually think this way. I am so surrounded by my Christian bubble that I never think that anyone could ever have a Postmodern worldview. Living a life with a Postmodern worldview seems like it would be extremely depressing.

No comments: